The SYNAQ Product Manager (PM) role is for a product champion who acts as the nexus between product innovation, sales and marketing, and customer needs.
SYNAQ’s PM role will be a bring the best SYNAQ has to offer to market, ensuring we’re building and improving on what the market needs, and ensuring that we bring about the future of what SYNAQ’s product offerings should be from a strategic and tactical standpoint.
The product manager will work alongside, and with, multi-disciplinary teams, to drive and streamline our product releases as well as co-ordinate with sales and marketing to ensure that we are able to deliver on a cohesive and impactful release roadmap for our channel and direct customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own and co-create the product roadmap with the business and execute the delivery of that roadmap.
- Increase the overall revenue growth of business
- Decrease customer churn in the business
- Work with Marketing and Sales to analyze markets in order to develop new product features and/or new products.
- Develop Business & Product Requirements, Operational Processes and other relevant product documentation in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams
- Support the MANCO in analyzing opportunities and developing the relevant artefacts such as business cases, and other motivating data
- Design and create process documentation required to help implement and support products in the organization.
- Design and create marketing and client training documentation to ensure the success of our products in the market and with our customers.
- Implement and manage external and internal training programs to facilitate maximum client and reseller success and satisfaction in selling and using our products
- Be able to make important priority decisions, balancing time and critical business needs
- Be a strong product leader who can influence, help set vision and product strategy and effectively manage day to day tasks to delivery.
- Be aggressive and passionate about product, customer and company success.
- Be exceptionally good at creating presentation material, presenting, creating documentation and process development
- Be curious, creative, courageous and a champion of the company and our products.
- Have problem solving skills, logical thinking, analytical and technical abilities
- Display foresight, be systematic and provide orderly planning and have relentless attention to detail.
- Have solid negotiating skills both internally and externally.
- Can both act tactically and strategically.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or Business degree / diploma (BBA, MBA, Business Analysis certification) or similar.
- Have a keen interest in user experience and intuitive designs
- Have a deep B2B domain understanding and is used to present products to large enterprises
- Experience working with Agile Methodology, SDLC
- Experience building and managing a product roadmap
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience building software products
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Experience writing business requirements for technology platforms, enterprise and consumer facing applications
- Experience managing teams is a bonus
- Experience working with teams remotely is an advantage
- Experience working for cloud service providers (SaaS) an advantage
- Experience in other African markets an advantage
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com